We have a bunch of new items to go over that we have recently added, changed, or modified in their current state. We list below some of the high-level changes and are even going to show you some of the planned changes that we are currently either exploring as options, in the work of modifying/creating, or have on the to-do list once some other items get progressed more.
- Newly included dark styles to pick from. To select a new style, please go to your Control Panel > Settings > General, and then select a new Style from the dropdown menu. We're still adding more in with new coloration styles, so let us know if you would like to see any specific color set!
- Improved our page caching and search engine optimization settings, so please let us know if you see any items that don't look correct.
- We're actively going through all of the species information pages, and updating them to the new layout and information sections. In this process, we are also rewriting some of the content to be more informational. If you have any photos taken by yourself (species, infections/diseases) please message us so that we can add them to these pages. We'll give you full credit on the page near the photo if we can use it (the correct dimensions once cropped and is a clear photo of just that species for example).
- Timestamps on the shoutbox have now been resolved (instead of displaying military time, they now will display for the first 24 hours in a friendly format, before displaying the date-time can be viewed if you hover over the date in a 12-hour clock format).
- Fixed an issue where emails going out didn't have the correct reply-to address if you have contacted us.
- We have condensed extra information on the sidebar, member list, and profile pages to not show irrelevant information.
- Added a new sidebar that shows any Featured Poll (these for now will include polls from across various forums but later will be more specific).
- Reaction icons have been changed (Like now resembles a thumbs up vs. a heart, Thanks now resembles a heart vs. a trophy) and one has been added (Dislike is a thumbs down).
Upcoming Planned Changes
- We are adding in more articles and pages behind the scenes once we are completed with the redesign of existing pages (since we'd rather not create two streams that appear to have the new layout before others have).
- Setting up the support and newsletter articles that will power our bi-monthly newsletter (everyone will be able to sign up, even those without an Aquariu.ms account). More information will be released once we have the newsletter design finished, and start planning content to be used for it.