What makes freshwater aquarium plants so appealing?

• Enhance the natural beauty of your aquarium while offering refuge and protection for your fish by improving the water quality of your freshwater tank. To ensure the freshest and most vigorous plants, all freshwater aquarium plants are individually labelled with color identification photographs and care instructions. Looking for Plants for a Marine Aquarium?

Why choose freshwater aquarium plants?

please feel free and tell us in the comments

• Freshwater aquarium plants not only provide aesthetic appeal but also add to the biological diversity of your aquarium. They help keep the aquarium environment healthy. Freshwater aquarium plants also help you attain perfection in aquarium-keeping. The trick is to select the most appropriate plants for your aquatic home.

• I personally pick live plants in order to provide a more natural look and feel to the tank, providing hiding to any fish species or fry, and then to also help with making sure that the water is differed through another means in case the cycle crashes for whatever reason.

As far as marine plants, there are a few species that can live in saltwater, although most common are mangroves which grow their roots in the water but the actual trunk and leaves are out of the water completely.

• The most appealing part for me is that I don't have to clean them. LOL

I used to only use fake plants but they would end up so gross and dirty, stained and just looking awful. No matter how many times I cleaned them, they would end up with stains. I started keeping live plants a few years ago and have not looked back!

• Buying freshwater aquarium plants has its benefits and it is always a good way to go to help you keep your tank looking good. They are a great algae deterrent, we all know that as fish owner, none of us want algae in our tank and if we can prevent that we will do what we can. They can also provide a safe home for the fish that you have in your tank and help them feel safe and happy within their living areas. Another great benefit for freshwater aquarium plants is that they also provide another food source.

• I would have to agree with Li0nFish. One of the worst things about keeping fake plants in an aquarium is the cleaning of them and they always seem to get the worst dirt in the places that are hard to reach but you don't want to leave any of the dirt for fear of it getting into the water after cleaning and it can be frustrating, Having fresh plants is a lot easier to manage I feel and if it prevents me from having to stand and spend ages cleaning them then I would rather take that option.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!