If you have trouble with algae, try this!

• So I had issues with BBA for months and never got it under control. Ended up having to do a new tank with mostly new items.

I had soil in the bottom of the tank and I think that was helping it to grow too rapidly to the point where the shrimp couldn't manage it.

When I set up the new tank, I did smooth pebble stones for the bottom and put the soil in clay pots to keep my plants in. I have not had any issues since doing this!

• Like most algae, they just feed off of any excess nutrients in the water that are leftover from food, waste, and other things within the tank. You probably cured it for now by changing out everything with a different substrate and using the planted dirt tank method. Hopefully it doesn’t return on you!

• Like most algae, they just feed off of any excess nutrients in the water that are leftover from food, waste, and other things within the tank. You probably cured it for now by changing out everything with a different substrate and using the planted dirt tank method. Hopefully it doesn’t return on you!

Still under control as of now. I believe the soil was the biggest issue. I also have a magnetic scrubber I use once a week on the glass to get the light algae off the glass.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!