No stores sell Red Fire Belly Toads anymore it seems like

They can be on both land and water while making excellent aspects to any species only or community aquarium.
zexavrj1kc

No stores sell Red Fire Belly Toads anymore it seems like

Post by zexavrj1kc » January 23rd, 2020, 4:41 pm

Have you walked into any of your local aquarium stores and found out that they no longer sell the fire belly toads? I was going to try and pickup a few of them for a sweet idea I had, but with none of them being carried and only options are buying online, it makes me wonder if they are just weak and die off all of the time or something?

Avery
Administrators
Answers: 22

Post by Avery » February 10th, 2020, 11:51 pm

I've asked this same question when it came to Petco/Petsmart (as both in my state carried them), and it appears that their distributor simply does not want to stock them anymore. I have a big feeling that this might be due to them being not the easiest first time frogs for anyone (since they do have some specific care requirements), but it also might be due to them being more toxic than another animal that they keep/sell at both stores.

There are a few local pet stores in my area that do keep them in stock and can order them if needed, although I haven't really stopped by to ask about pricing and the other details. Might be worth it to call all of the aquatic based stores and see if they can stock them for you, and if so, do some price comparison to find the best deal.

zexavrj1kc

Post by zexavrj1kc » February 13th, 2020, 4:15 pm

Interesting..I'll have to check out my local stores and see if they sell them. I just thought it was weird and none of the employees in the store had any clue on why they swapped out those tanks for them to now hold the incoming fancy shrimp (which I have yet to even see in store or in person at a Petsmart yet).