Do you ever visit any ocean aquariums in your local location?

Any general discussion that does not fit the other categories and that is not related to the aquarium hobby.
Avery
Administrators
Answers: 20

Do you ever visit any ocean aquariums in your local location?

Post by Avery » November 5th, 2019, 2:40 pm

Almost every major city in the United States contains an aquarium that holds various saltwater and freshwater life, which can give tons of people fresh ideas on how to design their own smaller tanks. Do you ever visit them, or have you not had a chance yet due to their sometimes high prices?

I think it’s kind of cooling walking around the one in my region - since it holds a ton of freshwater fish with predator fish in the same tank (guppies for example with piranhas, or Chinese Algae Eaters with a ton of ghost shrimp/smaller fish for them to snack on). Plus, walking around gives me a ton of ideas that I’d love to do when I have a bigger tank (and gives me an idea on what fish actually look super cool in a tank or how they act with a large bunch of them in the tank).

v_danger_v
Answers: 3

Post by v_danger_v » November 17th, 2019, 2:20 pm

I’ve been to a few, some are really well kept (super informational, have a ton of different species, freshwater AND saltwater) while 1 is in pretty bad shape. I think it’s cool to go to just to get ideas like you said for a tank (I mean even making a mock saltwater tank with fake corals but putting in freshwater fish could be super cool if done right).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk