Do you ever wonder about your floor when you setup your aquarium?

General discussion of saltwater and brackish setups that are not related to any of the forums below.
Avery
Administrators
Answers: 20

Do you ever wonder about your floor when you setup your aquarium?

Post by Avery » July 6th, 2019, 7:14 pm

Have you ever had the thought of "I should have placed the tank near the edge of X or somewhere better on the floor" after setting up your tank? Did you ever want to move your tank after it was fully setup and running due to worrying about the weight? I think the biggest question and worry is that if the floor can handle the amount of weight, importantly if you have the tank on the second or third floor of a house or apartment. I've always thought about where I should put any of my tanks and if the floor can handle it since when I've always moved a tank the carpet is as flat as the concrete floor it's been standing on.

I've seen plenty of tanks setup on floors where you could walk past, and see in the aquarium on the water surface the tremors from your footsteps. Some of them almost seemed like they would be easy to tip over due to how they were placed on carpet, and not fully leveled out correctly before filling up.