How often do you clean your tanks?

v_danger_v
Answers: 3

How often do you clean your tanks?

Post by v_danger_v » July 7th, 2019, 2:04 am

How often do you guys and gals clean your tanks? I try to clean mine using the magnet once a week, with a a gravel vac cleaning about once a month. Filters never get changed until they are failing fully apart, water changes once every other week, and everything else stays the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avery
Administrators
Answers: 20

Post by Avery » July 10th, 2019, 1:30 am

I normally clean my tanks about once a quarter (heavy cleaning that is, such as cleaning the inside tank glass, any substrate cleaning, etc.), however just for normal water changes, I do those about once a month. I never really clean any of the filters either until they are falling apart, and at that rate, I just add the new filter next to the one falling apart so that it gets seeded to prevent my nitrogen cycle from crashing.

Empire

Post by Empire » July 14th, 2019, 7:18 am

It depends on how many fish you have in one tank and also how big the tank is. So I would say every 3 months or at times 4 times a year. If you do it more often the job doesn't take long to do compare to doing it twice or not at all. But like I said what kind of an tank that you guys own and have and how many fish you have inside them and also the size.. I say the bigger they are the more poop they poop LOL