What are your favorite type of shrimp to keep?

The best community can sometimes be the one that mostly sticks to the bottom, or isn't seen when
compared to the vast movement of the livestock swimming in the water column.
Avery
Administrators
Answers: 20

What are your favorite type of shrimp to keep?

Post by Avery » July 10th, 2019, 1:35 am

Since there are a good chunk of different species of freshwater shrimp, and almost endless color options when you breed and morph colors together, what are your favorite type of shrimp to keep and why?

I think I'd have to personally say that my favorite species of shrimp is mixed between Ghost Shrimp (Paleomonetes sp.) and Blue Velvet Shrimp (Neocaridina davidi). Ghost Shrimp since they not only can be found almost everywhere, but it's always interesting to be able to see through their bodies to see hat food they ate, and also see the eggs directly on females who are carrying. Likewise, Blue Velvet Shrimp due to their perfect shade of blue and cool appearance on a dark substrate and background. Plus, when they are on some live plant leaves, their blue bodies contrast perfectly against the dark/medium green appearance of the plants they are on.

v_danger_v
Answers: 3

Post by v_danger_v » July 13th, 2019, 1:20 am

I’ve only ever really kept the ghost shrimp, and they seemed super cool. I never could get them to breed, and sadly with their small lifespan it seemed like I was always buying more, but being able to see in their bodies at that food they got ahead of was super cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk