Do you do your own plumbing at home?

Any general discussion that does not fit the other categories and that is not related to the aquarium hobby.
Lammchen

Do you do your own plumbing at home?

Post by Lammchen » July 27th, 2019, 8:28 am

Being a homeowner means you either have to have enough money to afford hiring people when there is a problem or you learn how to do things yourself!

Today I'm doing plumbing. We have a leak at the shut off valve in our master bath so I am going to replace it with a SharkBite push to fit shut off valve and I'm worried since I have to cut the old CPVC pipe and make sure it's a clean cut and that there is enough room to remove it in case it leaks. I am not doing the primer/cement way because that takes 6 hours to dry before the water can be turned back on.

So do you do your own plumbing at home? Got any tips for me? :D

v_danger_v
Answers: 3

Post by v_danger_v » August 1st, 2019, 12:54 am

I couldn’t even imagine doing my own plumbing. I mean for my aquariums I have added in a sumo before using PVC piping, but nothing with s high requirement not to leak or break (like in a house).

You’re a brave one for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avery
Administrators
Answers: 21

Post by Avery » December 3rd, 2019, 3:20 pm

I don’t think that I would ever trust myself to do much of the heavy plumbing at my house. If anything I’ll do some of the plumbing (with tons of tests) for my tanks when setting them up, but that is as advanced as I’ll ever get.