Do you have any ponds in your front or backyard?

General discussion of freshwater aquariums that are not related to any of the forums below.
Avery
Administrators
Answers: 20

Do you have any ponds in your front or backyard?

Post by Avery » August 4th, 2019, 7:16 pm

It also seems that the ponds that were ideal decorations for the front and/or backyards, are making a comeback. Do you have any ponds at your house, and if so, how big are they and what do you stock inside of them?

I'm thinking about adding in a pond to the front yard of my house, probably in the size of maybe ~250-500 gallons. They look super cool when done right (I'd have a waterfall, which would lead down a stream like path, that would then lead into the pond itself). I'm hoping that with the addition of goldfish, or possibly just having koi, that it will keep the front yard looking nice while providing a cool addition pet wise. We'll see what happens though, since this might just end up going into the backyard and me trying to have others not sneak a way into here for food or to cool down.

Elle1612

Post by Elle1612 » August 13th, 2019, 12:33 am

maybe one day Ill have a pod in my frontyard, but we'll have to see. I don't even know how much the liner, pumps, and filters cost, I would assume a ton since they are just giant verisons of what we have for our tanks and can handle outdoor heater/cold.