Guppies with danios?

Want to know what species that fish is, or the best care for your given community? Providing the best care for your fish can result in them looking absolutely stunning with vivid colors, and being able to observe their natural behavior.
lddrizcb

Guppies with danios?

Post by lddrizcb » August 9th, 2019, 1:23 am

Is it possible to have guppies with danios inside of a 20 gallon long? I know that danios are super fast and guppies are slow, but not sure if they will harass eachother or if they co-mingle as community fish.
by Avery » August 10th, 2019, 12:27 am
Guppies normally do well with fish of their similar type, however danios and barbs may fin nip (and with guppies large, excessively big tail fin) they can be targeted for attacks. I would pick either one, or try to get another livebearer such as mollies or platies that don't have such a big tail fin and can keep up with zebra danios when they play around with each other.
Go to full post

Avery
Administrators
Answers: 20

Post by Avery » August 10th, 2019, 12:27 am

Guppies normally do well with fish of their similar type, however danios and barbs may fin nip (and with guppies large, excessively big tail fin) they can be targeted for attacks. I would pick either one, or try to get another livebearer such as mollies or platies that don't have such a big tail fin and can keep up with zebra danios when they play around with each other.