water is super cloudy

Having any fauna that is sick, ill, or doesn't look too well can bring down others and the look of ay
aquarium. We'll make sure that you have the healthiest livestock no matter what.
lddrizcb

water is super cloudy

Post by lddrizcb » August 9th, 2019, 1:33 am

I just setup my tank like a few days ago and the water inside is super cloudy. I keep changing it but it gets worse and worse every other day. What is going on?
by Avery » August 10th, 2019, 12:15 am
If you just recently setup the aquarium, your tank may be starting the nitrogen cycle. Normally you see a bacterial bloom the second that a nitrogen cycle starts up, which leads to the super cloudy water that you may be seeing. After a few days this will go away, and you will start to see ammonia in your aquarium water. I recommend that you try to read our Nitrogen Cycle article for steps on how to handle this, and what you should expect to see.
Go to full post

Avery
Administrators
Answers: 20

Post by Avery » August 10th, 2019, 12:15 am

If you just recently setup the aquarium, your tank may be starting the nitrogen cycle. Normally you see a bacterial bloom the second that a nitrogen cycle starts up, which leads to the super cloudy water that you may be seeing. After a few days this will go away, and you will start to see ammonia in your aquarium water. I recommend that you try to read our Nitrogen Cycle article for steps on how to handle this, and what you should expect to see.

Elle1612

Post by Elle1612 » August 13th, 2019, 12:33 am

have you tried to do a ton of water changes? I heard that is what helps and can make the water looking clear until it gets cloudy again.