Heater suction cups not sticking to the glass

Elle1612

Heater suction cups not sticking to the glass

Post by Elle1612 » August 13th, 2019, 12:20 am

I have an aquarium where the heater suction cups aren't staying stuck to the glass and kind of fall off every few days. Is there some type of glue or way to get them to stick better? The heater is new and so are the suction cups, so not sure what is going on... :(
by Avery » August 14th, 2019, 2:29 pm
If it’s new, try putting the suction cups in a warm cup of water so that they become movable easily by hand. Then put them under water and press hard. They should stick as long as you don’t slide them around.

If that doesn’t work, try to do the same but suction them above the water line, slowly sliding them down to the right spot. This should work since I have had to do it a few times with my old suction cups.
Go to full post

Avery
Administrators
Answers: 20

Post by Avery » August 14th, 2019, 2:29 pm

If it’s new, try putting the suction cups in a warm cup of water so that they become movable easily by hand. Then put them under water and press hard. They should stick as long as you don’t slide them around.

If that doesn’t work, try to do the same but suction them above the water line, slowly sliding them down to the right spot. This should work since I have had to do it a few times with my old suction cups.