We have a bunch of new items to go over that we have recent added, changed, or modified in their current state. We list below some of the high level changes, and are even going to show you some of the planned changes that we are currently either exploring as options, in the work of modifying/creating, or have on the to-do list once some other items get progressed more.
- We have added a friends system in order to connect with those who you want to see their content (more of), know if they are online, and have a quicker way to message them if needed.
- We have swapped from reCaptcha to hCaptcha since they support better privacy aspects and a friendly interface.
- We have finished off our first calculator for aquarium sizes (more calculators are coming soon).
- We have fixed some color issues with the shoutbox when using emojis.
- Added a method to apply for membership into the Vendor usergroup (to post in Vendor specific forums) in your user control panel.
- We have added a new warning window to inform users if they are leaving aquariu.ms from a link found anywhere to be more complainant with upcoming privacy laws.
Upcoming Planned Changes
- We are generating a new layout for the upcoming newsletter that members (and guests who don't want to become members) can sign up for. More information regarding this process will be released once it's available.
- We are exploring the option to expand the Marketplace into a true marketplace area, with seller/buyer feedback, and possibly payment methods through Aquariu.ms directly (as a middle man if requested).
- As always, adding in new content to all of the categories to provide you with the best and most current information regarding algae, fish, diseases, and more!
Content Aspects Moving Forward
Moving forward, we will be creating content (articles, new pages regarding species/profiles) in the frequency of 2 new items per month. We are hoping to expand this outward to more pages while also adding new aspects, but more information will come as we proceed through a few months of doing this (the content quantity will rise to more per month). Once we are at a nice point and have finalized the layout for the newsletter system based on these articles, we will release that to be consumed.
If you are looking to help write about aquarium related aspects, please reach out to us directly (through the Contact Us button or message Aquariu.ms directly) to open discussions.