Sea Monkeys?

• Back in the late 1950s, a scientist had spliced some DNA and formed a hybrid type of brine shrimp called Sea Monkeys. As of today, sea monkeys can still be ordered online through various retailers for about $10-20 per kit. I purchased a couple of kits around a month or two ago, and I have one kit that has flourished. As a matter of fact, one of my adult female sea monkeys just finished giving birth and now I have a ton of little Sea Monkeys swimming around in the tank. Have any of you ever had Sea Monkeys? If not, you should definitely give them a try. They're neat little creatures.

• I've ironically purchased a few of these, and they at just normal brine shrimp. They are definitely cool little shrimp (mostly used as food to bigger fish, or fry as they age) to watch and require very little care outside of the right salinity in their water, oxygen, and algae (that green powder they give you) which they eat and grow. The cool part is that their eggs can stay inside of the water without hatching if conditions aren't right, and once they are, they will hatch over a span of a few hours.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!