Infinity like overflow

• Has anyone used the infinity-like overflows that some tanks have within them? It's not through one specific brand but many sell them, I’m just curious if you have had any fish swim or jump over the small lip into the sump or overflow tank/area.

That would be my biggest worry overall compared to having a more traditional bulkhead or another method of having an overflow.

• Hey there fellow fish enthusiasts,

I just read cy.paul's post about those infinity-like overflows in tanks, and I have to say, I share the same concern. It's definitely something that's been on my mind too. I mean, sure, they might look cool and all, but what about the risk of fish swimming or jumping over that small lip and ending up in the sump or overflow area?

I haven't personally used one of these infinity-like overflows, but I've heard some mixed opinions about them. Some people claim they've had no issues at all, while others have had their fair share of fish escaping into the wrong tank. And let's be honest, nobody wants to deal with the hassle of rescuing a fish from the overflow area or worse, losing a fish because of it.

Personally, I think I'll stick to the more traditional bulkhead or other tried-and-true methods of having an overflow. Sure, they might not look as fancy, but at least I can have peace of mind knowing that my fish won't end up in the wrong place.

But hey, that's just my two cents on the matter. I'm curious to hear from those of you who have actually used these infinity-like overflows. Have you had any fish escape or any other issues? Or maybe you've had a completely different experience? Let's share our thoughts and experiences on this!

Happy fishkeeping,

GranDiez

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!