We have a bunch of new items to go over that we have recent added, changed, or modified in their current state. We list below some of the high level changes, and are even going to show you some of the planned changes that we are currently either exploring as options, in the work of modifying/creating, or have on the to-do list once some other items get progressed more.
- We added a new theme that will be greatly improved on in the coming weeks (this was required as the theme we had wasn't being maintained correctly, and had some issues when viewed on mobile devices). Please let us know if you see any bugs or issues with this new theme and we will iron those out!
- Our homepage is under going a full redesign - so don't be shocked if one second elements are added/removed!
- We have added new features to the Points Of Interest system, including now the ability to identify wholesalers and breeders!
- Our system software has been upgraded, which allows for faster pages and more in-depth control over your profile.
- We have added the Glossary of Aquarium Terms in the footer and are continuing to add and approve upon the entries in there now.
- We have fixed some issues that were discovered with the current version of Tapatalk that we are using (the likes system for now has been disabled due to database issues).
- We have enabled AMP pages, which will perform faster if you are viewing Aquariu.ms' from a search engine related result.
- We have added a new anti-spam bot check. If you have less than a given number of posts, and attempt to post a link, your post will go into automatic moderation approval status before being shown. Note that this is expected and to prevent us from showing spam related content.
Upcoming Planned Changes
- We are generating a new layout for the upcoming newsletter that members (and guests who don't want to become members) can sign up for. More information regarding this process will be released once it's available.
- We are finishing off our calculator page with as many calculations that many may be looking for (tank sizes, gallons to liters, inches to centimeters, etc.).
- We have finalized the layout of the species profile pages, and will begin using this moving forward.
- As always, adding in new content to all of the categories to provide you with the best and most current information regarding algae, fish, diseases, and more!