Have you ever had a dirted tank?

• Have you ever had a dirted tank before where there was a layer of soil for the plants? If so, did you inherit it or did you set it all up, and if you set it all up then what soil did you use and how much growth did you get from your plants?

• I always wanted to try these but wasn’t too sure on the dirt to use, and how to get out the extra crap they put in the dirt like wood chips. Also wouldn’t it get messy fast if the fish swim around it or if you have to clean your tank?

• I always wanted to try these but wasn’t too sure on the dirt to use, and how to get out the extra crap they put in the dirt like wood chips. Also wouldn’t it get messy fast if the fish swim around it or if you have to clean your tank?

Why do they put wood chips in the dirt?

• Why do they put wood chips in the dirt?

A lot of soil actually has wood chips, fertilizers, or other things like sand in it to make sure that the water can run down the soil and underneath the plant. In an aquarium tank, these aren’t needed and will float up to the top over time which can ruin someone’s layout if they had already planted plants in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!