We have a bunch of new items to go over that we have recently added, changed, or modified in their current state. We list below some of the high-level changes and are even going to show you some of the planned changes that we are currently either exploring as options, in the work of modifying/creating or have on the to-do list once some other items get progressed more.
- Reporting of content has been removed from the guest's ability (seems to have been enabled during the migration). If you see any negative content please make an account so we can validate it, and provide possibly feedback on our findings.
- We now have a Calendar that will allow for people to share aquarium-related conferences, events, or local club meetings with everyone!
- Additionally, we have allowed there to be a list of attendees that are members of our community to be shown (so you may know who will be there, and how many people may be there ahead of time).
- We have disabled accounts from being created using temporary email addresses providers for the foreseeable future. This is to prevent the influx of spam accounts we have seen being created through automated scripts and to make sure that system emails reach you. If you attempt to make an account with one of these domain names, you will see an error message before completing your registration.
- Are you an aquarium vendor? Feel free to apply for our "Vendor" user group to stand out and be allowed to post in sections that others do not have access to post. You can find this under Account Management, User Groups, and selecting "Apply for Membership" under the given user group.
Upcoming Planned Changes
- We are going through our current layout for various information pages (ex; Freshwater, Saltwater) and updating them to a more friendly layout (while removing duplicated, not needed content).
- We are adding in new sections that will be highly beneficial overall for those starting out, or those highly experienced (ex; creating food for fry).