Is there an Amano Shrimp shortage?

• I have been having trouble finding these for well over a year now. I had a few older ones die off and I wanted to replace them but every pet shop around here has been out of them and I can't even manage to find online stock anywhere. Is there some sort of shortage of these shrimp?

• I think there might be a shortage with a ton of various livestock, especially if they are coming from overseas due to shipping backlogs and the COVID virus causing issues with breeding farms not being able to move livestock to other countries or work at their peak capacity with stay at home orders (especially in Asian countries).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I think there might be a shortage with a ton of various livestock, especially if they are coming from overseas due to shipping backlogs and the COVID virus causing issues with breeding farms not being able to move livestock to other countries or work at their peak capacity with stay at home orders (especially in Asian countries).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess this would make sense. I finally found some but I feel like I was dooped. I thought it was Amanos I was buying but it seems as if they were/are a different kind, a cheaper variety and I paid full price for them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!