Better prices for fish - Petco or Petsmart?

• It seems overall, Petsmart tends to have better deals and prices on most things but I never compared the prices of their fish or their aquatic accessories.

Does anyone know which is typically cheaper and better to buy from when it comes to aquarium supplies and live fish?

• I’ve found them to have deals on opposite times for various fish species. Ironically, I find more unique fish (and well, saltwater only fish) at Petco than I would see at Petsmart. It seems some Petco will even take fish from local breeders and sell them compared to Petsmart which wouldn’t even take any outside fish in.

• I’ve found them to have deals on opposite times for various fish species. Ironically, I find more unique fish (and well, saltwater only fish) at Petco than I would see at Petsmart. It seems some Petco will even take fish from local breeders and sell them compared to Petsmart which wouldn’t even take any outside fish in.

I didn't know they worked with local breeders. I have both places near me and since my main aquarium shop closed down last year, they seem to be my only option in the area. Knowing this, I will get more from Petco from now on.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!