Tiny snails?

• So I noticed, no matter how many times I completely clean out my tank... I seem to keep ending up with very tiny snails in it.

They don't get too out of control but it can be annoying at times when they get into the filter. Where are they coming from?

• Snails would usually come as eggs attached to gravels, aquatic plants, and decorations when transferred from other tanks. But don't need to worry most of these snails are beneficial to your aquarium as they promote a healthy aquatic ecosystem.

• Snails would usually come as eggs attached to gravels, aquatic plants, and decorations when transferred from other tanks. But don't need to worry most of these snails are beneficial to your aquarium as they promote a healthy aquatic ecosystem.

So the plants I bought a while ago likely had eggs on them. I have switched out everything from the gravel and even left items out to dry but they still keep coming back. The eggs must be microscopic or something!

• A surprising number of, well, surprises tend to turn up when buying things for aquariums.

It certainly seems that way! I am assuming they were in the tanks where the plants were kept and because they lay touch tiny eggs, I have no way of ever getting rid of them. I can count 10 or so just looking in the tank right now.

• Interesting, I've always wondered why my best friend's fish tank had some snails in it as a kid. I remember his parents were having a difficult time trying to figure out where they were coming from, and it makes sense now. xD

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!