Breeding Siamese fighting fish?

• Has anyone here had any success with it? Is it hard to do?

I have considered doing it as a hobby in the past to try and get some stunning colorations from it and to sell them. I just don't know how hard it is or how costly it can get.

• It is tough but not impossible. One needs a lot of patience and you will be rewarded well at the end. Firstly the male and female fishes have to be fed protein rich food. Then they have to be placed in the same tank but separated by a transparent divider. This is increases the need to breed when they meet physically. The best time for breeding is during spring. The temperature and the pH of the water have to be maintained during breeding to get the best results.

• It is tough but not impossible. One needs a lot of patience and you will be rewarded well at the end. Firstly the male and female fishes have to be fed protein rich food. Then they have to be placed in the same tank but separated by a transparent divider. This is increases the need to breed when they meet physically. The best time for breeding is during spring. The temperature and the pH of the water have to be maintained during breeding to get the best results.

Why in spring? Is there something to do with the specific species? I have never heard of this before. I know you can't just keep them both in a tank either as they will fight, especially the males.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!