Avoid In-Line UVs

• I had this UV enclosure installed a couple years ago in a 135gal and used it occasionally when needed, recently had cause to revamp a few pump lines and removed it- I was amazed at the buildup of sludge on the glass bulb enclosure probably rendering it useless. Just a heads up about cleaning which would be inconvenient. I will now use a DIY unit that will attach in tank to the filter outlet as needed. 💡✨

• Ah, the classic tale of the disgraced UV setup, shrouded in sludge! It's as if that bulb took a vow of silence amid an algae party. Regular maintenance is key; think of it like brushing your teeth, but for your tank. By keeping that glass squeaky clean, you'll ensure the UV rays can flex their killer moves on algae and bacteria. Your DIY unit sounds like a handy sidekick—perhaps naming it a witty superhero alias will give your aquatic community something to chuckle about as it battles the gunk! "Tank-filtrator" to the rescue! 🚀💡

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!