What brand of canister filter do you use?

• With the huge variety (from name brands to knock offs), which brand of canister filters have you tried and which ones would you recommend to others?

I have to say that I’ve used almost all of the brands (Eheim, Marineland, SunSun, even the cheap Top Fin brands) and they all worked well. Just make sure that you set it up correctly, and don’t stuff a lot of filter media since that tends to burn out the motor in the cheaper units. I also would HIGHLY recommend using some type of lube on the O-ring seal and even on the tubing to help stop leaks in the future.

• I personally have used Eheim (even when Petsmart rebranded them under their own Top Fin name), SunSun (and the various off brand names it is also under), and Marineland canister filters. For the best results, Eheim is the way to go. But for the best overall value on a low budget, I’d totally recommend SunSun (what I personally go with on a vast majority of my own tanks).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!