Why is my plant dying?

Live plants can provide benefits from a visual standpoint, while also soaking up any excess waste your water may have.
Elle1612

Why is my plant dying?

Post by Elle1612 » August 13th, 2019, 12:17 am

I just got my first plant from those tubes at petsmart and petco, and not sure why it's dying. I added it in and cleaned it off and now all of the leaves are turning yellow or falling off and floating. is this normal? how can I make the plant be green like others are or before it was added to my aquarium?
by Avery » August 14th, 2019, 12:46 am
Normally the plants that you get from the aquarium stores that are in tubes, are grown outside of water. Once they are planted inside and under water, the leaves die off as they need to change shape to adapt to the adjustment of light and the various depth of your aquarium.

Focus on any new growth (roots, new leaves, new stems) and don’t worry too much about the leaves falling off (called melting). This will happen every time the plant changes from tank to tank, so even if one does buy a plant underwater - it will still happen.
Go to full post

Avery
Administrators
Answers: 20

Post by Avery » August 14th, 2019, 12:46 am

Normally the plants that you get from the aquarium stores that are in tubes, are grown outside of water. Once they are planted inside and under water, the leaves die off as they need to change shape to adapt to the adjustment of light and the various depth of your aquarium.

Focus on any new growth (roots, new leaves, new stems) and don’t worry too much about the leaves falling off (called melting). This will happen every time the plant changes from tank to tank, so even if one does buy a plant underwater - it will still happen.