This is just a quick outline on some of the various things that we have added, changed, updated, or removed. Depending on the frequency of details that we have ironed out, this may be posted on a regular schedule, or can be more defined once we have a lot of things to discuss and share with you all. If you have any suggestions or feedback on what you want to see, don't want to see, or just how you feel about the experience here, please let us know!
Aquariu.ms Changes Overview
These are details that are visible to Guests, Registered Users, and others who actively use Aquariu.ms.
- In order to help those find answers to questions that others have asked previous, we know have a feature that will allow for you to mark any post as your answer (or moderators may do so after a period of time when the question has been answered but not marked). For those who are viewing the topic, the first post will contain a link to the answer and it will show a large preview of what the answer was in green. Answered topics will now show up with a green checkmark, where as unanswered topics will not show this checkmark.
- We have added a brand new theme to make the appearance of Aquariu.ms that much better. We are still adjusting aspects of it, but please let us know your thoughts and opinions on it!
These are back the scene changes that may not be reflected when visiting, although can improve access/speed/security overall.
- We have updated some of the TTL (Time To Live) cache settings to allow for the first page load on a device/browser to render everything needed, and additional loads/visits will be sped up dramatically.
- Additional aspects are cached at the CDN level and/or minimized to have a smaller footprint when using low bandwidth devices.
These are ideas and plans that we are actively trying to materialize, although some of these may change from what is noted below, or some may not appear in the next round of updates depending on size of work/effort that is needed.
- Complete out the required work for the category aspect for Articles & Profiles, which will enable easier searching by using the sub-navigation (ex; "Profiles > Freshwater > Diseases" would return only freshwater diseases, whereas now it returns everything with no active way to filter).
- Fixing some bugs regarding "Who Is Online" & "Searching" where the page may load as blank, or only show a maximum of 10 results when there is far more.
- Adding a centralized place for people to share images in albums (Gallery). We have looked at a few different ones available, and they seem to have features/design elements that don't make much sense. We're looking into modifying them out just for our community so it will appear more streamlined when one visits/views.
- Finalizing our official logo and banners to use for social media. We have some great mockups, but want to have something more in stone before we share them!
- 2FA (Two Factor Authentication) is something that we plan on adding before the end of the year. At first, this will be required for all Moderators and Administrators with an optional requirement for Registered Users. We plan on adding support for various methods to verify that it is indeed you logging in.
- Logging in with a social media account instead of having to register an account by using your email address. Currently, this will still require you to create an forum account first to be able to link/login with (since a user could indeed just login to various social media outlets and have a forum user as well). More detail required this will be coming soon as we finish up adding in other social networks to be able to login with.