Fin Rot?

• A lot of the time fin rot is from poor water quality (could be too small of a tank, ammonia spike, etc.) or from another tank mate that is attacking them during the night or when no one is looking.

It’s hard to see the white aspects you mention, but if it’s turning white before disappearing, I’d just do a massive water change, and keep on doing water changes for two weeks daily (like >50% water changes). I’d also add in some Maracyn medicine (most fin rot medicines do not use that but use other less useful chemicals).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Avery August 23, 2022 at 11:37 PM

Selected a post as the best answer.
  • Change your fish into an isolation tank and put it in a 7 day antifungal and antibiotic course. Fin rot is mainly due to fungal infection. Add aquilibrium salt to the tank and maintain proper ph levels and maintain water temperature at optimum levels. The fish would get better in a week.

• Disease Fin Rot is a common condition that affects fish, particularly in aquariums. It is caused by bacteria that eat away at the fin tissue of the fish, leading to frayed or discolored fins. This condition can be very painful for the fish and can even lead to death if left untreated.

If you notice any signs of Fin Rot in your aquarium, such as frayed fins on your fish, it is important to act quickly. The first step is to ensure that the water quality in your tank is optimal, as poor water conditions can contribute to the growth of harmful bacteria. Regular water changes and proper filtration can help to prevent the spread of the disease.

Next, you should treat your fish with an antibiotic medication that is specifically designed to target the bacteria responsible for Fin Rot. Treatments usually involve adding medication to the water in your tank for a specified period of time. You should also isolate any infected fish to prevent the disease from spreading to other fish in the aquarium.

As a responsible aquarium owner, it is important to keep an eye out for any signs of disease in your fish and take swift action when necessary. By taking the appropriate steps to treat and prevent Fin Rot, you can help to ensure the health and well-being of your aquarium inhabitants.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!