What type of lighting fixture do you use?

• Out of all of the different options that are on the market for lighting freshwater tanks, which one do you use and why? Is there a specific reason that you use the given light (was it apart of a lighting set that came with your aquarium, was it discounted, etc.)?

I personally tend to go towards LED light fixtures more than I go with bulbs or T5 bulbs these days. Not only are LED fixtures super cheap, but the lighting tends to be brighter and more reliable over time than it is with bulbs. I've grown plants successfully with LEDs, or if I don't want to grow any plants, normally a low end LED fixture can be bright enough to allow for everyone to see the fish inside, but not be bright enough to grow any algae.

• I just use the ones that come with the tank when I purchase it as a kit. I think some of the new ones are LEDs but I think the older ones are just regular light bulbs but smaller

• I tend to use mostly all LEDs due to their extremely low cost to run, long lifespan, and overall nice appearance (sleek vs. being bigger since it has to hold and hide a tube).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!