Algae Eater Recommendation

• Would appreciate some recommendations for an Algae Eater or two to go in my 55 gal community tank. Currently have 6 cory's, 6 tiger barbs, 5 serape tetras, & 5 FM betas in the community. Would like to have something that would not exceed 3-4" at adult growth. Plest's quickly outgrow the tank has been my past experience.

• Do you know specifically what type of algae you want them to consume? Shrimp, snails, and even some other common fish (ex; mollies) could be great for your tank and would get along with them all. Otherwise you may be looking at smaller algae eating fish species (ex; some Plecos can stay within the 6” limit you requested).

• Do you know specifically what type of algae you want them to consume? Shrimp, snails, and even some other common fish (ex; mollies) could be great for your tank and would get along with them all. Otherwise you may be looking at smaller algae eating fish species (ex; some Plecos can stay within the 6” limit you requested).

Is there any that will eat just a bunch of the most common algae types?

• I think that depends by most algae, most common algae in tanks are green and brown algae which many algae diet fish and invertebrates would eat. Snails are a good option, or even smaller algae eating fish like otocinlus catfish (Otos), cory catfish if it’s all only the bottom of the tank and not on the glass walls, or some Plecos that are small or other fish like mollies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!