Aqueon 15 Gallon LED Column

• I decided to try out these column style tanks since it has such a different appearance that can fit in tiny spots, but contain a lot of live and plants. I must say that these tanks do have a different type of challenge, from not only their style, but also what you can do with them. I figured that I'd document everything from me setting it up to what it looks like at a random interval. If you have any questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to ask or let me know!

Detailed Information

Tank: Aqueon 15 Gallon Column (13.75 x 13.75 x 25")
    Stand: Aqueon 15 Gallon Column Stand (specifically fits only this tank)
    Filter: Aqueon 10 Gallon QuietFlow Filter HOB
    Lighting: Stock (Aqueon 15 Gallon LED fixture)

Substrate: Generic Black Sand
    Flora: Anubias Congesis (3x), Anubias Nana (5x)
    Fauna: Dwarf Gourami (1x), Malaysian Trumpet Snails (?x)

Gallery

• I honestly haven’t done much to this tank. Currently it’s growing good plant wise, and the snails have a massive population. I might start trying to sell these snails since maybe people charge an arm and a leg compared to giving them out for pennies on the dollar.

• how are those tanks setup wise? Like was the Gourami your original intention or was it a backup plan since other fish don’t like the horizontal space?

Ironically when I first started this up I wanted to do a bunch of Betta fry, but that didn’t work out due to the shipment place not having any (way before COVID). Then I went with a bunch of fathead minnows but over time they died off due to parasites (was trying to treat but I got them from a bad source overall). Lastly it was used as a grow out tank for CAEs (Chinese Algae Eaters) and then once that was done I just went with a lone Gourami. I may add in other fish or something else over time, but for now he appears pretty happy and content by himself.