Frozen cucumbers?

• So I liked feeding these to my shrimp but it seemed as though when I was, the fish would be overeating and many ended up with bloat.

I am not sure if this is because the fish shouldn't have been eating it or not as I only feed them once a day and never feed them too much to begin with.

Can some fish not digest cucumber?

• I can't think of any fish that can't digest cucumber, although what tends to happen is the fish will eat more than they can actually handle (they are opportunistic feeders and will overeat) so they will end up bloated. I'd try to place smaller pieces in the tank, or possibly do it overnight so the shrimp have a better chance of finishing it off compared to the fish that should be sleeping.

• This is very new to me. I did not know that you could feed fish cucumbers, I always say you learn something new every day. I would say though that if giving them cucumbers you found them to be bloated afterwards, it more than likely is that they have eaten more than they should have and that has caused the bloating. I would definitely consider either putting less in or changing the time you put the cucumber in so that there are no issues with the fish overeating and the shrimp get what they need.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!