Airstone to use?

Elle1612

Airstone to use?

Post by Elle1612 » August 13th, 2019, 12:21 am

what type of air stone do you use? I've seen them in totally different shapes from wands, turtles, circles, to lines with lights built into them. i'm just curious since i'm not sure if there is any added benefit to having a bigger air stone than just more bubbles being passed through and into the water?
by Avery » October 12th, 2019, 6:37 pm
The most common shape that you will see in different tanks are the wands, as they provide a longer length for more bubbles to be created with a thinner appearance (I've even seen people put them underneath sand or gravel to hide where they exactly are). Other shapes can be useful, such as a cone or cylinder if you have an undergravel filter or sponge filter, while those shapes of turtles/fish/objects are mostly just used for decoration purposes.
Go to full post

Avery
Administrators
Answers: 20

Post by Avery » October 12th, 2019, 6:37 pm

The most common shape that you will see in different tanks are the wands, as they provide a longer length for more bubbles to be created with a thinner appearance (I've even seen people put them underneath sand or gravel to hide where they exactly are). Other shapes can be useful, such as a cone or cylinder if you have an undergravel filter or sponge filter, while those shapes of turtles/fish/objects are mostly just used for decoration purposes.