How do you personally get rid of hard water stains on the tank glass

• What is the method and the items that you use to get hard water stains off of your tank glass?

I personally use white vinegar, magic erasers (the regular kind not the ones with anything added - the blue box to be precise), and elbow grease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I also just use white vinegar, the original magic erasers, and water/elbow grease to get rid of those hard water stains. I know people use chemicals, but I normally stay away from those since making sure it doesn't leech into the silicone or the tank's glass.

• White vinegar is definitely the one to go for when it comes to getting stains off a glass tank. It gets the stains off and it helps to keep the glass smear free which can be a pain when you use any other cleaning product. You also have to be careful what products you use as some cleaning products can be harmful to use on a glass tank that you are going to use for fish. I usually use a plain cloth that I have specifically for the tank that doesn't get used for anything else but that.

• Hey guys,

I am having a hard time removing hard water stains on my tank glass as well. I have tried scrubbing them off with a sponge and soap but it just won't budge. I have heard mixing equal parts of water and vinegar and spraying it on the stains works wonders. I am going to try that next, but if you guys have any other tips or solutions that you use, I would love to hear them!

Thanks!

• Boesch1: Hey Guys!
    Hard water stains, the pet peeve of any tank enthusiast! I once tried to הonvince my friends the spots added 'character' but they weren't falling for it. Here's my secret – Vinegar: The unsung hero of domestic cleaning! I swear it gets the job done magic-always. Try not to use soap since it can harm your fish. Would hate to raise the mortality rates in my fish paradise. Finally, remember: never scrub too hard – take it nsygn frm tm who's learnt the hard way!

Good luck, may the force of spotlessness be with you!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!