Aquarium & Fish Suitable for Small Apartment Rooms

• I live in small apartment with small rooms. I can't think of large aquarium horizontally but I can manage more of vertical space. I am not sure which type of the fish are suitable for it but I am thinking if tetra fish with some greenery into the aquarium is suitable?

What are your suggestions in such case?

• I’d probably say a small 5 gallon, or even those Fluvial Chi tanks are ideal. Not only because of the size but due to their shape and how they can pretty much fit anywhere, while also being within the few gallon limit that many places like apartments or dorms have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• my recommendation would be for something at least 10 gallons. Water parameters can fluctuate very quickly in a smaller tank. If your looking to put tetras in it, ember tetras stay pretty small and they school really well.

• I'm not a big fan of small space especially when it comes to fish tanks, the size is definitely going to affect the fishes in one way or another. Can you work on getting a bigger apartment? If that's possible, I think it would be better.

• I'm not a big fan of small space especially when it comes to fish tanks, the size is definitely going to affect the fishes in one way or another. Can you work on getting a bigger apartment? If that's possible, I think it would be better.

I have a very good reason to believe that this will really solve the problem for him but getting a new apartment that's bigger will pose a big challenge for him. Did you consider that?

• Many people think that having an aquarium is not a suitable option for people living in small spaces. However, there are many small fish that can thrive in a small aquarium and make great pets.

One option for a small aquarium is a betta fish. They are beautiful and come in a variety of colors. They only need a small tank and are easy to care for. Another option is a shrimp aquarium. There are many types of shrimp that can live in a small tank and can be quite entertaining to watch.

If you want a bit more variety in your tank, you can consider a nano aquarium. These small tanks are perfect for small spaces and can house various types of small fish and plants.

In conclusion, having an aquarium in a small apartment room is definitely possible. The key is to choose the right fish and tank size for your space. With a little bit of research and proper care, an aquarium can add life and beauty to your living space.

• I would definitely suggest something that is close to 10 gallons if you are looking for something for your apartment. Most people I know who keep fish and are in an apartment do end up getting something roughly that size and it works well.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!