Sad memories

• I used to have a small aquarium case at my home with some small fishes, when I was just like 12.

After two years or so, thanks to the small fishes, so many little fishes were born and they were just the cutest beings according to me.

But, that didn't last long. They disappeared just like that.

Seems like they made a great appetizer for those big fishes. Did you guys ever experienced this? Feel free to share your sad memories here for others to see what happened and try to learn from it.

• Over the period of time, I have lost a lot of good fishes due to either my mistake or due to the tank having some predatory fishes. So somethings I have learned over a period of time on how not to make those mistakes. I hope that I don't do them again and manage the pairs properly from next time onwards.

• I was always horrified when the babies would be eaten by other fish! It was exciting to see them born and then, where did they go? I guess that's the nature of life we have to deal with. You learn from mistakes, whether it's keeping babies separated or knowing which fish are prone to eating others.

• I guess my saddest memory would be when we had a tank when I used to live at my parents when I was younger. We had a huge standing fish tank in the bay area in front of the window in the home and one morning we woke to find that the tank had cracked and some of the fish got caught in the glass and died. It was so sad to know they went through something so traumatic when they died, and we had no idea. We still to this day do not know how on earth it happened as we made sure everything was secure. We never got a tank like that again for fear of it happening again.

• This reminds me when I tried to have a kitten with my dogs at the house. Now, some dogs can coexist with kittens. However, these dogs just saw the kitten as a rabbit or something. I had to rescue the kitten to keep it from being killed.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!