Building your own tank stand

• Does anyone have any good guides on how to do this? Or possibly any software or guidelines based on tank size? My worry is that I don’t either build the braces (corners) correctly to withstand a bunch of weight once the tank is full. And I ain’t trying to have a tank explode randomly in the middle of the night with a bunch of water gushing all over the floor.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Depending on the size of tank, you can get an idea from this video of how to build them. You just have to make sure whatever you use, it is able to hold the weight of the tank.

• I agree, I have seen many people build them from wood purchased at Home Depot - but I’d be afraid that if it's not perfectly balanced or if I didn’t have enough structural support where it would randomly collapse in the middle of the night.

Do you have any good links to guides on how to make sure it can support the pretty heavy weight of an aquarium?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• With many things I would always try to look at making them myself but with a fish tank stand, I wouldn't be able to risk making one myself for fear of it not being strong enough to withstand the weight of the tank and water in it and I would be worried I'd just make a huge mess for myself instead of having a nice stand for my fish tank.

Hoping this may be able to help you, it's a step-by-step guide to help you build your own fish tank stand and may be of some help if you are still looking to make one for yourself.

How To Build A Fish Tank Stand (DIY Step-By-Step Guide) | Reef Tank Resource

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!