How do you ensure your holiday guests don’t disturb your aquariums?

• With everyone having families either coming over, or heading over to families homes that may have aquariums, how do you handle making sure others keep the aquariums alone (or possibly don’t get so loud with walking/jumping/yelling) that it disturbs them?

• That’s a good question, I normally just tell them to not run around or tap on the tank. If it’s like night time, I just tell them to not turn the lights on. Most honestly respect that, although with reptiles it can get hard since some hear or feel movement/vibrations, so anything out of the normal can spook them pretty badly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I think this thread is relevant beyond the holidays—anytime one has guests over, really. I actually have a screen that I pull across to partition off that part of the room. Most people are not so curious/rude as to wander around it to look, so they don’t even notice the tank is there.

• This can be a hard one when you have visitors. Enforcing the "look but don't touch" rule for children but also for adults. Really be strict with that rule. If it's possible, have the party congregated to another area for the majority of the time.

• I strictly order to them not to go around the tank specially to the kids. I know they love watching and touching the fishes but its harmful for them

• This can be a hard one when you have visitors. Enforcing the "look but don't touch" rule for children but also for adults. Really be strict with that rule. If it's possible, have the party congregated to another area for the majority of the time.

You need to set those boundaries, if you are really serious about what you want to achieve with your aquarium. Let the visitors understand the risk of trying to touch them too.

• That's a very tough situation, as soon as my guests or relatives come to my house, I tell them so many restrictions which they find it very weird. What can I do, Am so protective and I don't like any one touching my fish tank!

• I have placed my aquarium in such a way that it can be seen but not touched so easily. In this way, I am saved from the trouble of instructing my guests to stay away from the tank.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!