Aquarium shark fish

• Have you tried to raise aquarium sharks? Some of the common freshwater aquarium sharks are Red Tail Black Shark, Rainbow Shark, Black Shark Minnow, Bala Shark, Iridescent Shark, etc. I have tried aquarium sharks but I failed at maintaining them. By the way, except for Bull Shark, there are no truly freshwater sharks but you can maintain the ecosystem to raise aquarium sharks.

• I've had rainbow sharks and red tail sharks in a few different tanks before, although I think the biggest issue with the freshwater labeled sharks is that their size and aggression varies widely. For example, the Bala shark gets massive and requires about a 100 gallon tank alone, then we see the smaller sharks (rainbow and red tail) that are extremely aggressive as they age and require 55-75 gallon tanks (ideally either as a sole species or as a species only tank to spread out aggression) as they mark our their territory and will defend it from any fish who may want to enter.

• No, they are wild animals and forever will be. If an aquarium can’t successfully even keep a White Shark ALIVE for a long period of time in captivity then the average person can’t either.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!