do you use those rubber tub pond designs or use a glass tank?

• I’ve personally seen people use both, and the pond liners become a popular source since they are stable (provided you set them up with the correct supports), are rather large (normally always over 50 gallons or water, some closer to 100-200 gallons), and are the perfect size for the turtles to move around, get into deep or shallower water depths, and more.

I personally have my turtle in a glass aquarium, although as it matures and gets bigger, I’m sure I’ll have to find either an acrylic option (as acrylic tanks can be larger without the issue is silicone needing to be resealed so often), or possibly get an indoor linear solution but place it within a tank stand I’d build to support it.

• Turtles like to have fun so don't just rely on a tank. My friend has a turtle and she has various "play yards" for him to have fun in and then the tank is for sleeping and when she's away. She also takes him outside to play and has even taken him for walks which is kind of fun.

• When it comes to creating a suitable habitat for amphibians, there are a variety of options to choose from. Some hobbyists prefer the convenience and versatility of rubber tub pond designs, while others opt for glass tanks. Both options have their pros and cons, so it's important to consider your individual circumstances and the specific needs of your amphibian before making a decision.

Rubber tub pond designs are generally easy to set up and can be customized to fit a variety of spaces. They are lightweight and easy to move, which can be particularly useful if you need to relocate your amphibian's habitat often. Additionally, they are often less expensive than glass tanks, making them a budget-friendly option.

However, there are a few downsides to using rubber tub ponds. They can be difficult to clean and may require its own filtration system. They also require a bit more maintenance as it can be prone to algae build-up due to the high moisture content in the air. If you're looking for a more aesthetically pleasing option and want to display your amphibians as a showcase, rubber tub ponds may not be the best option.

On the other hand, glass tanks can offer a beautiful display and provide excellent visibility of your amphibian's enclosure. They are also easy to clean and maintain, and generally more durable than rubber tub ponds. Glass tanks also provide better heat retention, which is important for species with specific temperature requirements.

However, glass tanks can be heavy and difficult to move, making them less versatile if you ever need to change the location of your amphibian enclosure. Additionally, glass tanks can be quite costly, especially if you opt for larger sizes or customized designs.

At the end of the day, both rubber tub pond designs and glass tanks can be suitable habitats for amphibians, but it's important to weigh the pros and cons of each option to determine which will work best for you and your amphibian's needs.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!