What's the best specie of plants to grow in tanks?

• I'm looking for the best species of plants that I'm going to grow in my fish tank. I already have Echinodorus grisebachii and Hygrophila difformis.

Which one's would you recommend?

• I think it honestly depends on how big is your tank, what are your lighting requirements/that you have, and also are you looking for some more background coverage plants that match yours already? Do you have any decorations that you are trying to place plants around with?

• I would start by deciding on the size of tank you want and figuring out what fish you plan on stocking it with.

Do you plan on adding other fish to what you already have? What size tank do you currently have and do you intend on sizing up or down?

• It really depends on the size of your tank and how much time you have to put in to take care of a plant. I know that Java Moss is one of the easiest to take care of and grow and is great for beginners who are just starting out growing plants in a tank. This is great as a foreground plant in the aquarium.

• Shortie, I totally agree with you that Java Moss is a fantastic choice for beginners. It's low-maintenance and can thrive in a variety of tank conditions. Another excellent option is Anubias, which is known for its hardiness and slow growth. It's great for creating a natural-looking aquascape. If you're looking for something more colorful, consider Ludwigia Repens. With its vibrant red and green leaves, it adds a pop of color to any tank. Happy planting!

• To the topic at hand, both Echinodorus grisebachii (Amazon Sword) and Hygrophila difformis (Water Wisteria) are excellent choices. You might want to consider Cryptocoryne species as well. They are adaptable, and they come in various hues, which can add to the visual appeal of your aquarium. Dwarf Hairgrass is another recommendation if you're after achieving a 'lawn effect'. And finally, for a splash of color, Rotala Rotundifolia's pink and red hues should not disappoint. But remember, different species require different lighting and nutrients, so research before deciding.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!