Have you ever used Excel or Flourish to remove algae?

• Since a vast majority of algae tends to come when there is a chemical imbalance, and that can normally be solved with dosing the correct fertilizers to provide the balance needed, have you tried to remove algae this way or not? The only big reason that I can see this being a backup method, is that it does require dosing every day and the changes won't be rapid (it can take a while for the algae to all die off).

• Flourish Excel has a very powerful compound known as Glutaraldehyde. Dosing it every other day can cause a black beard algae bloom. This algae type will grow in aquariums where there are CO2 fluctuations. So, to avoid any BBA outbreak, I strongly recommend using Flourish Excel on daily basis.

• I have tried Excel but it seems like it didn't do much if anything and I ended up with a few dead fish and one shrimp in the process. I could have done the dosing wrong, I am not sure. I will not be looking to use it again just to be safe.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!