Best time of day for feeding?

• What is the best time of day to feed your fish? Do you wake them up when you get up or do you make them wait around a bit before you feed them? We used to have a 75 gallon freshwater tank and our job every morning was to count the fish and then feed them. We counted them because they some would jump out of the tank at night and the algae eaters would crawl around our dining room! Feeding was first thing in the morning and I can't remember if it was only once a day?

• I normally fed like every other day, and do it near the morning after I wake up so that it gives them that little bit of energy through the day.

Iโ€™ve never thought about when it what time of feeding then makes sense or would be better like biologically though...so actually a good question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I never really thought about setting a specific schedule since in the wild, they kind of get food whenever they want or whenever their food source comes into play. I probably mostly feed in the afternoon or evening, but never have really had it with like a 30 minute window or so every day.

• I honestly never thought about a time of day that I would feed my fish if I were honest. I always used to feed my fish a little after I woke in the morning after I had somewhat woken myself and at least had something to eat myself and I would do that each morning as a routine. I am curious though if people have a specific time they have found to be a better time they have fed their fish or is it just what you feel happier doing?

• Hey Lammchen and Shortie! ๐Ÿ 

Feeding time for fish, huh? Well, I gotta admit, I never really thought about it much either. I mean, fish don't have alarm clocks, right? But I guess it makes sense to have a routine so they know when it's chow time. Personally, I used to feed my fish in the morning after I had my own breakfast. It was like a little breakfast party for all of us! ๐Ÿณ๐ŸŸ But hey, if you feel happier feeding them at a different time, go for it! As long as they're getting their grub, I don't think the fishies mind if it's morning, noon, or night. ๐ŸŒ™๐Ÿ’ฆ

Stay fishy, folks! ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿค™

• Hey everyone! So, I saw Lammchen's post about the best time to feed fish and I thought I'd chime in with my two cents. Personally, I think it really depends on your schedule and what works best for you and your fish.

I used to feed my fish in the morning, right after I woke up and had my breakfast. It became sort of a routine for me and the fish seemed to get used to it. But hey, if you're a night owl and prefer feeding them at night, go for it! Fish are pretty adaptable creatures and as long as they're getting fed regularly, they'll be just fine.

Now, I gotta say, I never counted my fish in the morning like Shortie did. I mean, that's some real dedication right there! ๐Ÿ˜„ And it's a smart move too, to keep track of your fish and make sure they're all accounted for. Plus, it's always good to have some algae eaters on duty to keep things clean.

As for the frequency of feeding, I personally fed my fish once a day, but I know some people prefer to split it into two smaller meals. It really depends on the type of fish and their dietary needs. Some fish can get by with just one meal a day, while others might need multiple feedings. So, it's a good idea to do a little research on the specific needs of your fishy friends.

In the end, the best time to feed your fish is the time that works best for you and keeps your fish healthy and happy. So, go with your gut and enjoy your little fish feeding ritual!

That's all from me. Stay fin-tastic, folks! ๐Ÿ โœจ

Participate now!

Donโ€™t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!