Natural ways to help disease

• Many know me to be into natural & organic living. That goes for my life & my pets. I'm for prevention, so are there natural ways to help prevent disease that fish can get? What about treating?

• As far as treating, there are a few different types of natural ways to cure some diseases (fungal, or parasitic mostly), but it's not a widespread solution that can solve the vast majority of diseases. Some of the natural ways include; using aquarium salt, raising the temperature of the water, and also even using specific ingredients in their food like garlic.

• I found out that adequate feeding of your fishes goes a very long way in keeping them healthy and even help them be strong enough to recover from any minor health problems unlike when they are not feeding properly.

• There are specific plants and stones you can use in your tank to help keep the water more balanced and healthy for the fish. I can't think of them off the top of my head but you can google search for them. Loads of sites write about them. A good aquarium store will likely stock all the items.

• The easy and natural way of maintaining the fish tank is to regularly change the water every two weeks. Flush out 80% of the old water and add fresh water. Maintain the ph levels of the water and add aquilibrium salt to boost the immune system of the fishes. Have a good quality thermostat to maintain proper water temperature to ensure active and healthy fishes.

• When it comes to fish health, ensuring they have a good diet and also ensuring that they have good a good living area as well as their water being healthy for them to live in are two ways you can prevent fish from getting disease.

Of course, you will always find that even though you do everything right, they can still get a disease. There are natural ways you can treat some diseases but I do not believe all diseases can be treated naturally.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!