Did you regret buying any particular fish?

• Personally for me, it's going to be purchasing Three Spot Gouramis and have it kept in my smaller tank. I wasn't aware they needed larger tank to grow bigger to at least 5 inches but mine just managed 3 inches.

• My dad regretted purchasing large Angel fish because they started attacking the other fish in the tank! I always thought angel fish were pretty, but I had no idea they were so aggressive. Eventually he chose to sell those fish and the tank was peaceful again, albeit with less fish in it since some got killed.

• I somewhat regret getting Fancy Guppies as they will not stop breeding and I can't seem to find anyone who wants to take them. I was told I had all males and I was given a female and I didn't notice until it was too late.

• My dad regretted purchasing large Angel fish because they started attacking the other fish in the tank! I always thought angel fish were pretty, but I had no idea they were so aggressive. Eventually he chose to sell those fish and the tank was peaceful again, albeit with less fish in it since some got killed.

Moreover they produce excess amount of slime production and are very easily susceptible to diseases. So I totally regret buying angelfish.

• Over the years as a kid and as an adult myself we have had many fish. I remember when I was younger my parents used to have a huge sized standing tank that we had quite a lot of fish in and I always remember we had Goldfish, Minnows and there was another fish that we had that would stick to the side of the tank and eat algae, but the name escapes me of what the fish was. We also had a pond outside with large goldfish that used to belong to my grandma for years prior to us getting the pond and the fish and they lasted so long.

For me I would have to say it wasn't so much a regret buying the fish, but it was where I bought them from that I regret and that was Goldfish I bought in 2019. I did everything that I should do to ensure that the water was fine for the goldfish that we had bought but we still lost them a few weeks later. We believe they had problems beforehand that we were not aware of or the owner of the shop we bought them from didn't fully tell us all that he needed to. We ultimately decided to buy two more, did the same things to ensure the water was how it should be for them and again, they died a few weeks later. I have been put off buying any fish anymore now until I find somewhere else that sells them that would be more professional than the person, I bought them from before.

• Being a fish keeper, there are always plenty of options when it comes to adding new fish to your tank. Some are easier to take care of, while others require a bit more attention. It's common to make mistakes when choosing new fish, and sometimes we end up regretting the choices we made.

Have you ever bought a fish that you regretted afterwards? Maybe it was too aggressive, or it didn't get along well with the other inhabitants of your tank? Perhaps it was too difficult to take care of, or it just wasn't what you were looking for.

I've been there myself, and it's never an easy situation to be in. That's why it's important to always do your research before buying a new fish. Make sure that you are aware of its specific needs and behaviors before adding it to your tank. This will not only help you avoid potential regrets, but it will also improve the overall health and happiness of your aquarium.

So, did you regret buying any particular fish for your tank? Share your experience in the comments below, and let's help each other avoid making the same mistakes in the future!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!