Easiest to care for and keep alive?

• I always see clownfish being highly recommend to those starting out, since they tend to be unforgiving when it comes to water parameters not being specifically in like with where they should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I think most of the fishes that your aquarium shop recommends can be worth going with. Make sure you research on the pairs as this is what you would be making use of for the keeping care of those fishes. I also make sure to watch some of the youtube videos in the same space. It helps you with learning small things on that part.

• Clownfish are the most recommended that I see when it comes to people asking for advice on what to start out with when they start a saltwater tank. Clownfish are very easy to take care of which is perfect for a beginner, and they only need a 20-gallon tank as well so it's great for a start out before you build yourself up. They are also quite peaceful fish as well so if you are looking for something like that, Clownfish are perfect!

• Lammchen, Jason

When it comes to saltwater fish, there are certain species that are generally considered easier to care for and keep alive for beginners. One such breed is the clownfish (Amphiprioninae), known for its hardiness and adaptability to captive environments. They are relatively resistant to diseases and can live for a long time if provided with proper care and a suitable habitat.

Another option for beginners is the damselfish (Pomacentridae), which are also known for their resilience and ability to tolerate varying water conditions. They are less prone to diseases and can adapt well to changes in their environment.

It's worth mentioning that while some fish species may be more hardy and less prone to disease, fighting, and stress in captivity, proper care, and attention are still essential for their well-being. Factors such as water quality, diet, and tank size should be carefully considered to ensure the optimal conditions for the fish.

Additionally, it's important to note that individual fish within the same species can vary in terms of their hardiness and resilience. Therefore, it is crucial to research and select healthy specimens from reputable sources to improve the chances of success in keeping them alive.

Jason, goldfish (Carassius auratus) are indeed quite notorious for their short lifespan in captivity. While they are often considered beginner-friendly, there are several factors that can contribute to their relatively short lifespan, such as improper diet, inadequate tank size, and poor water conditions. Goldfish also have specific requirements for proper growth and longevity, including a suitable diet, spacious tank, and clean water.

In conclusion, while there are certain saltwater fish species that are generally considered easier to care for and keep alive for beginners, it is important to research and understand the specific needs of each species and provide them with the appropriate care to maximize their chances of survival and longevity in captivity.

Hope this helps!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!