How to decorate.....?

• I personally tend to make the tank appear more of a match for the fish's natural habitat, adding in things such as driftwood, or lace rock to simulate a rocky shore if that is where they are from. Ideally, if you do it right, it can really make the fish behave in a way that you would never see inside of any tank since they feel more secure.

• I watched a lot discovery channels and I did focused so much on their fish and other aquatic life. I picked up a lot on how the habitat of fishes should look like and it's good to make it look as natural as possible. I always love having green plants, wood (ones with holes) for them to swim through , and stones.

• Freshwater tank has rocks and plants, saltwater tank has the same plus old coral and shells.

You forget to add driftwood and even some plants too. I saw an old car prop on Amazon last week and it looked so nice that I almost bought it.

• I usually keep things simple.

I will use some sort of natural smooth stone on the bottom and then incorporate live plants. I have since placed my life plants in clay pots and fine this works best for me. I also like to stack larger rocks in the corner of the tank to make a hiding place for the shrimp and fish.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!