Aquarium Hoods, Lids, or No Lid?

• Do you use any of the following for your aquariums? 3

1. Hood (2) 67%
    2. Glass Lid (2) 67%
    3. Other (0) 0%
    4. None (Open Top) (2) 67%

Since there are so many options for having a top on your aquarium, having no top, or making a mixture of them per each tank and what it holds within - what is your go-to for your tanks in your household, and do you have just 1 type of top or do you have a variety?

• I mostly go with the glass lids for that sleek look, and to be able to just place a LED light on top of the lid vs. having a hidden hood in order to have it hanging at the right height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Hey darrie53,

Thanks for sharing your setup! It's always interesting to see what works for different tanks.

As for me, I prefer using a glass top for most of my tanks. It helps to reduce evaporation and keeps my fish from jumping out. Plus, it's easy to clean and doesn't obstruct the view.

For my cheaper tank, I use a plastic hood. It does the job and keeps everything contained, but it's not as durable as the glass top.

And for my big tank, I prefer to keep it open top. I like the natural look and it allows for better gas exchange.

So, I guess you can say I have a variety of tops depending on the tank. It's all about finding what works best for your setup and the needs of your fish.

Hope that helps!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!