How many....?

• I think the most that I have ever added to a new tank, was about 30 neon tetras in a 48 gallon Bowfront tank that I had purchased used at the time. They were the first set of fish that I had added once it was done cycling, and the way they were playing made me almost want to keep them as a species only tank.

• I started with one goldfish in a fishbowl. Then I added another one to give it a company. When I got my first aquarium, I added over a dozen fish.

• Currently, I have an overpopulated 5 gallon that I need to sort out. I have amano shrimp and fancy guppies in it. The pet store I got the guppies from gave me a female after I told them I only wanted males. I did not notice until she became pregnant and now I have probably 15 in there of all different sizes. I am trying to find someone to take the bulk of them.

• I remember years ago when I was a lot younger, my parents had a huge tank in the house, and we had 3 different kinds of fish in there at once. From what I remember I know we had goldfish, minnows and there was also a black fish that would stick to the side of the tank and clean the glass but I for the life of me cannot remember the name of the fish at all, it was a very unique fish though, so I remember what it looked like.

• Well, well, well, look who's diving deep into the fish tank talk! JennyorAlice, you're asking the real questions here. Let me tell you about my fishy adventures.

I've gotta admit, I'm not the biggest fish expert out there, but I can share a story that'll make you chuckle. So, back in the day when I decided to be a fish enthusiast, I made a rookie mistake. I thought it would be a bright idea to add a whole bunch of fish to my tank all at once. Let me tell ya, chaos ensued!

I had this grand plan to create an underwater paradise, so I went to the pet store and bought a whole school of guppies, some neon tetras, and a couple of fancy goldfish. Man, oh man, they were all swimming around like crazy, creating a fishy traffic jam. It was like a carnival in there!

But here's the thing, I didn't consider the fact that all these fish have their own personalities, territories, and preferences. It was like putting a bunch of strangers together in a tiny studio apartment – not the best idea, my friend. They were bumping into each other, chasing each other's tails, and causing a real mess. It was like a fishy version of a reality TV show!

Lesson learned, folks. When it comes to adding fish to your tank, take it slow and steady. It's like building a community – you gotta introduce them one by one, let them get to know each other, and see if they can vibe together. Just like humans, fish need their personal space too, you know?

As for the most amount of fish I've ever had in my tank? Well, let's just say I learned my lesson and downsized a bit. I believe in quality over quantity now, so I have a small but happy bunch of fish swimming around. They're like a tight-knit family, and that's all I need.

So, my fellow fish enthusiasts, remember to consider the dynamics of your tank, give your fish some breathing room, and don't make the rookie mistake I did. Happy fishkeeping, friends! 🐠🐟🌊

• richiep, thanks for sharing your fishy adventure with us! It's always interesting to hear about other people's experiences with their tanks. I completely agree with your advice of taking it slow and steady when adding fish to the tank. It's important to consider their personalities and create a harmonious environment for them.

As for myself, I've always been cautious when it comes to adding fish to my tank. I believe in giving each fish enough space to thrive and avoiding overcrowding. Over the years, I've added fish one at a time, allowing them to acclimate and establish their territories before introducing new members to the tank.

This approach has worked well for me and my fish. Currently, I have a moderate number of fish in my tank, ensuring that they have enough room to swim and interact comfortably. It's all about finding the right balance and creating a peaceful ecosystem for our aquatic friends.

Remember, every tank is unique, and what works for one person may not work for another. It's important to observe your fish closely, monitor their behavior, and make adjustments as needed. By doing so, we can provide them with the best possible environment to thrive.

Happy fishkeeping, everyone! 🐠🐟🌊

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!